Saturday, September 17, 2016

No idea where this guy came from. I think it's because I was looking at some modern character stuff from Hong Kong online and this was my lame attempt at doing that. Maybe not lame, but certainly not the same sort of thing. Then I watched "Yojimbo" tonight, which I had never seen so did the second image. So I guess he's a modern day samurai or something, a 'company man,' in this case. I don't know what's in the crate but I don't think it's anything nice. The pencil drawings for these are almost contour drawings in that I was trying not to be sketchy at all, just draw the line and move on. It's much harder than my usual but also kind of fun. Pushing me is good.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

These really look nothing like what you've been doing! If they mean anything, they mean you are constantly pushing yourself