Sunday, October 02, 2016

So, Inktober. For those (hey, Vince!) that don't know, Inktober is this internet thing where you're supposed to draw something with REAL INK once a day for the month. It's not like I rarely use ink; it's one of my main tools. I think it was started to make people go back to the basics or something. Thought I might try it this year, though I have house guests coming next week, which will make it hard. Couldn't hurt. I've been drawing these skater foxes lately because why not? When I went to LA a few weeks ago, I took some photos of some skaters at Venice beach and have been making use of those photos since. My foxes are what I call 'mud foots,' or those that have the darker 'socks' and 'gloves.' In my head, there's a prejudice against them for some reason or maybe it's considered more attractive to have red socks or something. Don't know. It's something that entered my mind when I developed Digby awhile back. Dunno what it is about skaters. Sure, I like looking at them but they might represent something which I don't really understand. A kind of freedom? Surprised I haven't made them into mice. Anyway, these are the first two days' worth for Inktober. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

I am going to have to draw with ink and paper this month now...