Thursday, January 12, 2017

And now for something completely different. The last episode of my movie vlog, The Movie Wrench had me sitting in front of a green screen with a 'set' made from a formica pattern I found online and a very crudely drawn monitor in the upper right. Since I'm likely to use this 'set' from now on, I thought I'd put some work into it and redo the whole thing in Illustrator (only because the original file was still in there.) This meant finding a new monitor, in this case a 1965 Zenith black and white tv, exactly like the one my parents used to have and on which I watched countless hours. I also wanted to trace the horrible pattern so I could output it at a better DPI than before. As a last bit of 'reality,' I added a cast light effect just to make the area of the screen in which I appear pop a little more. I'm pretty happy with it though as an illustration, it is kind of dull. Still, work is work.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I am curious to see this with the new camera footage!

T' said...

Me, too. Have a long stretch of work coming up but then a long stretch off. Might try and sneak in another Wrench. We'll see! I also COULD edit this back into the last one, but why look back?