Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Another one, so fast! Must mean I won't update this til April or so. When finished, I felt a little let down with myself, as if I should have expanded on this and yet there really wasn't a whole lot else to say. As someone that loves old TV shows and has his junior high yearbook still, artistically I don't look back so much. I really do try and keep reaching forward. Sure, I study old art, and new art, and try to add it to my mix. Memories are, for the most part, packed away, literally in boxes. There's some old art on the walls, but I really only want to think about making new art. So talking to this guy, Tom, I could totally see why Coober Skeber was something best left to what it was, regardless of the unpublished art. Sure, I'm curious but that's all it would be. Wouldn't have the same impact now as it did then. And it turns out that it DID have an impact. Marvel and DC both did their own (apparently lame) indie comics versions of their own characters, Marvel had the Hulk story redrawn and inserted in an actual Hulk annual, that short story was a scene in one of the Hulk movies... so it did its thing and we moved on. It remains my one and only story published by someone other than myself. So, nostalgia. But what have I done lately? Honestly, since then, a lot more. But those are blocks to continue to build on, not things to try and elevate in and of themselves. There. I've expounded on the comic and really haven't added all that much more. So perhaps, as a journal, it works.

No comments: