Saturday, January 28, 2017

While working on the songs for the Silas comic, I've done damned little with the images. The other day I managed some time to throw together a couple studies of Smatt and Silas. I've been going through some old books on Yoshitoshi and think his work will be a major influence as his sense of composition is still so fresh. Really, Ukiyo-e was a huge part of Tamino so it makes sense. I want there to be a lot more attention to lighting in this one and I posed for these two, adapting the lighting from the photos. Since I have a decent lighting kit, I'll likely try to pay a lot more attention to this sort of thing. Ink, Affinity Designer.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

These look fantastic! I love the lighting and depth it brings to the characters sets these apart from other styles.

T' said...

Thanks! Trying to bring a bit more depth to my usual oddness.

Behemoth media said...

depth to my usual oddness
there is a book title or something in there!