Wednesday, January 25, 2017

My favorite sitcom ever. I was watching it again before work today, found out in the middle of a workshop at work, came home and watched some more of it. And I'm watching it now. The Mary Tyler Moore Show has always meant something to me. I'm just old enough to remember those saturday nights on CBS where they had this, M*A*S*H, Bob Newhart and Carol Burnette. I don't think there's ever been a lineup like that before or since. When this show ended, I was 12, and I remember watching the last episode. I swear that the kitten logo at the end turned upside down but I have no proof. Very sad. Silly, perhaps, but her passing made me sad.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I saw her last on Hot in Cleveland with many other MTM show alumni and it was oddly re0assuring seeing them all together again. I was going to post something on the slammer but your post here says it all i think.

T' said...

I find a lot of 70s sitcoms very reassuring. They help me draw. I watch them, well, in the background, over and over again.

Behemoth media said...

I love the Carol Burnet show to be honest.. it' still cracks me up especially the movie parodies. some of then were really obscure, like the the french film Pépé le Moko!