Monday, February 20, 2017

It's monday, unofficially Ghiroy day. So here's page three. I need to insert at least one page of text, the 'crawl' if you will that explains what this comic is about, who these people are, etc. I decided that I will be using tropes and even clichès from fantasy comics in this mingled with stuff that's decidedly not at all those things. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here, just paint it different colors. That being said, these are a lot of fun to do. They're kind of graffiti-like in style and while that wasn't on purpose, I'm glad it's that way. Bright, jumbled and colorful is something I definitely wanted. I can easily see how the skater mouse comic led to this and that, too is fine. I wonder what I'll do when things quiet down a little, and I want to do a little quiet stuff or a little character growth. Guess we'll see when I get there. So far, there's no planning this at all, just me sitting down, looking at the previous pages and penciling something out. That being said, there was a LOT of fiddling about for compositional reasons this time around. That, too is fine. These tickle me. That's all.

No comments: