Thursday, February 16, 2017

Messed about with this today. Took the layout style of the weasel things I did awhile back and applied it to Ghiroy. One of the reasons for this is that I don't really even need to do thumbnails for this, it's an easy, relatively quick style in which to draw and, for me, it's fun. As a side project, I think I can manage this if I aim to do just one page a week. Took me maybe 45 minutes to pencil and about 3.5 hours to make in Affinity. Did have a strange problem with AD this time around, something which might be something of a dealkiller; when I exported the image, I had some overlays so that I could change the overall tone of each character. When the jpg was viewed, those overlays were very different and really made the image unusable. Removing them gave a decent result but I was really hoping to use this feature. If I can't figure out why it's having trouble, I'll have to go back to AI which is disappointing. So we'll see.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

I was just reading in A Photo that when you edit a photo in 32 bit then save it as 16 bit the resulting image is really different. The solution there was to make layer that merges them all and then export and it comes out alright. Not sure that would work in this case, just something I came across listening to new tutorial on vimeo. You can always ask in the forum, they respond pretty quick!