Monday, August 07, 2017

New page. Wasn't sure how to approach this one. Originally, there was meant to be a body in the lower right corner of the last page but I couldn't figure out how to depict it. So I put Francesca back into the composition. This meant that I needed to show all three proposed bodies together. Somehow, this just came together and I had no trouble with the figures. There is a lot more playing about with transparency and gradients here, but I don't think it will make things stand out TOO much. And this page is meant to be a kind of visual 'stop,' a more serious point in what's otherwise a pretty cartoony comic.

Lately, I've been thinking this comic isn't just a mash-up of D+D and graffiti, there's a good deal of Scooby-Doo in here as well. And that's fine.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

They are pretty creepy looking, are you sure you arent slipping into one of my projects? Lol
The sketches for these look rougher than usual for you, i think they might have helped with thier creepiness.

T' said...

Would you believe me if I said it was all in the pencil? My old one, which is pretty much too short to actually use any more is a lot lighter. This one's darker but glides more smoothly, so that's perhaps it.

Behemoth media said...

I will reluctantly believe you LOL
I always drew with an Ebony pencil, I just liked how dark they are1