Thursday, December 07, 2017

Did some quick sketches of Harlon today. Now why would I want to do that? In the shower, where I get most of my best ideas, I was thinking about when I had planned to do a follow up to Harlon a number of years ago. It never happened, exactly and instead it kind of jogged into Biography. The rabbit is gone, long gone. I think I worried that if I did do a sequel, it would feel cheap, and I wasn't sure I had the material. As I thought about it in the spray, the same kind of simple ideas that I used for the original were popping up with little prompting. If I do this, and it's an if, I would give myself the same criteria; square comic, one page per idea, 30 ideas, 30 days. Or something like that. The time period doesn't matter. The number of pages, I think, does. These were done on the iPad and I think I like the style of pencil and shading. We'll see. Haven't gone further than this so far...

No comments: