Thursday, December 21, 2017

Family and friends are nice enough to give me more of what I really don't need; books. I especially don't need art books. And these aren't all I got. I also got the Art of Coco book. I have LOTS of those. They are inspirational though sometimes daunting, making me feel really behind. That being said, I think it's really important to look into things that stick in your head, even if they're things one doesn't like at least at the outset.

Tried a new approach to the comic this time, and I think it worked pretty well. I posed holding the books, took the photos with my iPhone, sent them to my iPad where I just erased myself out of the picture, then drew the coyote character in, all within Procreate. Might use more photos in the comic in the future, at least to add some backgrounds here and there. The setting and style has got rather dull and static. This comic used to have more experimentation in it. Three pages more, and it will surpass Tamino, my longest comic in length. I still don't get very personal with it, for fear of reprisal, which is annoying but I think it's worth doing.

No comments: