Thursday, December 07, 2017

Very quick and dirty Howard done with the iPad. Wanted to see if I could apply the same process I use when demonstrating portraits to one of my characters. There's an extra step of getting the head and body to fit, but otherwise, took about 20-25 minutes. There's the usual marks made for placement but this time I turned off the pencil drawing to finish it as it looked more painterly. The more I do this, the less it bothers me that there's 'tracing' involved, which there really only kind of is. The actual lines made while 'tracing' are laughable at best; I try to keep them loose likely for worry of 'cheating,' and guilt associated with it. That being said, tracing doesn't get me likeness, which I have to work on. The iPad is proving to be its own tool and as such, I use it totally differently than I do when making anything else. So, experiment. We'll see where this goes.

No comments: