Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Also had a spare fifteen minutes for this. Don't do Biograph as much as I used to even though there might be stuff going on. Most of it is self doubt and sadness over the fact that no one is reading the comic. Well, I'm getting some hits on Instagram, but no one downloads the free PDFs and actually READS the comic. I wish I knew what was wrong with my sense of taste and art that keeps my stuff from being appealing to people. I can only guess that it really is horrible and that the occasional beauty I see is all just fluff my brain makes up to keep me going. Or something. Biography is HEAVILY edited from what I'm really thinking. Only those few pages I posted with the words covered and one page I didn't post are really close. Maybe it's better that way.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

How uncommon do you think these feelings are? In a big way I think even the most successful artists are constantly going through this sort of processing.So much of our worth is in the opinion of others, and many of those others don't really know much about what we do. I can't be the only person downloading the Pdfs, and I do when they come up. I thinker's less a problem of people liking it and more a problem of marketing and getting the stuff under the eyes of as many people as possible, which is tons of work and take times away from actually doing the art. You also need to be able to confidently just push your stuff on people and that is SO uncomfortable, but the artists I know who do OK are pretty good at forcing on people - some who end up liking it and buying something. You know how terrible I am even showing my stuff online.

My comment s are working again it seems! YEAH!

T' said...

Your comment did work! It just doesn't notify me any more, so I have to look, which is fine, but it means that I don't reply in a timely manner. I think most artists go through this, at least the ones that are worth anything. Even after just having finished another page of City Silent, I felt like this, so made it in 15 minutes. And sure enough, of the two things posted online that day, people liked this a lot more than they did the comic. I do try and shove things at people here and there, but they don't download either. The last song of City Silent had two people download it; you and some random person. Marketing is a pain. I suck at it. The podcast is the same way but I have had a few people listen to that. Maybe it's more approachable? I don't know.

Behemoth media said...

I guess if you are not questioning yourself and and your work all the time, you may not really be doing art. That part seems integral to it to me. I HATE promoting things and I really hate attention towards myself. I don't mind my work getting attention, I wish it had more, in fact. I just wish it could get attention and I could somehow not. I get lots of looks on my flickr page for some images but only because I put images in different groups so more people can see them that might like them. I don't get many comments or work from all those looks though.