Wednesday, August 15, 2018

City Silent page 55. This sequence was not planned, the lyrics were not in the original script. I realized that the city spirit's fall didn't have enough emphasis, was too much in the background. So I needed something between the last song and the next, where Silas realizes he's alone. That being said, I think the sequence is working pretty well, and I'm not only happy with the imagery, but the change in palette. I know the dull orange is my fault, and it is kind of perfect but something different is nice, too. This sequence will only last a few pages and then I'll move on. It should be part of the last song, so I'll have to adjust the PDF. The text is supposed to remind the reader of Howard and his opening section as if he's still there and narrating. I used the lettering style from his stuff to this end. A little bit of ink, a little bit of Procreate and mostly AD are what I used.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

This comic goes from really details pages to really graphically simple ones, it's an interesting way to shape the narrative I think visually. BTW I was just working a t magazine and had to open my laptop and use AD for some of the work as the version of Illustrator they had couldn't open a few of the files. The other 2 designers there were very curious about it.

T' said...

Did you open AD on your laptop or iPad? Because if you started doing pro level stuff on an iPad, I bet they would have really been interested! As for the change in detail, this is meant to be a dream sequence so I needed it to stand out from the other stuff in some way.

Behemoth media said...

I used the desktop version on my laptop, I sort of forgot it was on my iPad, which I also had with me. I am not sure if i could connect to their server on the iPad... might be worth looking into. In fact, if it does work, I should buy the iPad version of Photo as well and not have to bring my laptop there at all if they hire me again.

Making the dream sequence look different makes total sense, I guess I didn't think of that!