Thursday, August 30, 2018

Another page of Ghiroy down. Sometimes I'm just in the mood. Ghiroy is meant to be fun, lighthearted. And to that end, I can often get pages of this done quicker than anything else. This page, from start to finish, took me a little over three hours, which is kind of a record for me. I don't think I skimped. The composition was very much the last thing as I added stuff, moved it around, changed my mind right til the end. The only layout I did ahead of time, well, no, I didn't do any. Sketches on the iPad, the rest on the Mac. Still used some of those grey bits underneath which really helped the three characters stand out from each other while still allowing them to be see through. Anyway. I'm taking the comic in a different direction. While the dungeon crawl is central to the story, I think we need to get them out and learn more about them. So I'm aiming them at town.

4 comments:

Vincent-louis Apruzzese said...

onward and upwards! Taking them to a town is good idea! Sorry about the long email response yesterday about Affinity Publisher... obviously I had reviewing it in mind for my site which I did - but started writing that review in my email to you!

T' said...

I didn't think the email was long! Totally fine. I have no experience with Adobe's version so I look to you for that kind of info.

Behemoth media said...

I think I figured out what I've been noticing about your current work but couldn't quite express. There is something like stained glass about it, as if it was lit from behind , it's more luminous. I know i sound full of crap but that what I've been seeing in it!

T' said...

You don't sound full of crap! I appreciate the comments always. I can see what you mean and about the luminous quality. I wasn't trying for it but I can see it.