Friday, August 10, 2018

City Silent page 54. This section has been hard to thumbnail. I worked on the next song and was, for some reason, diverted into Marc Chagall, an artist I hadn't really thought much about before. I got it into my head that I'd use his sort of wild playfulness for this next song and go with it. Then I set aside those thumbs for a week and realized I had no idea what I was thinking. Also, the city spirit's 'fall' wasn't nearly as obvious or as much a 'thing' as it needed to be. So I went back to the songs and wrote in a little interlude, a dream sequence for Silas. It's short, but I think does what the story needs it to do. This won't last long, four pages, I think, and then will lead right into song #4. Don't know why this one's harder than the rest except I really don't want to just do images of Silas painting and nothing else. Eventually there will be other characters, but not til act 2. So I need to keep things interesting. Maybe I will use that sort of Chagall-like approach.

No comments: