Monday, August 27, 2018

New Ghiroy page for today. Page 27 on the 27th. Did something new again with the text. Not sold on this style but I just don't like the original version, or at least, I don't want to continue to spend as much time on the text as I do on everything else. Still working on it. Also pushed the new coloring style here, too. Still doing everything in greyscale then throwing colored transparencies on top. Somehow, the colors come out much more vibrant than before. So that experiment will continue.

3 comments:

Vincent-louis Apruzzese said...

You have been busy! I almost finished all the Max, Mike, Movies podcasts so far!
I use grey scale alot, but with bitmapped over vector. never tried it with vector images.

T' said...

Thanks for listening! I really do appreciate it. We'll never be popular, but doing a podcast is actually a lot of fun. As for the greyscale, this goes back to the masters. They used to do the same thing with oil paint as the pigments were so damned expensive. It just surprises me that the colors can be SO vibrant this way.

Behemoth media said...

I found my illustrations using greyscale and then tinting it were pretty vibrant as well, My colour acrobats were done with that technique for the most part. You stuff almost has a luminencene to it.