Tuesday, April 14, 2020

More weirdness. I've been watching videos online of an artist who seems to be pretty successful in today's market to the point that he not only sells paintings, takes commissions but sells lots of merchandise and had a store. Thing is, to my eyes, he's not really that accomplished; it's all style. And that's fine! Dude is making a living on his art. That's a dream a lot of us have. So I thought about it, or stewed, took some of his lessons to heart, mostly about t-shirt design, limiting colors, using black as one of the few and adapted one of my more grotesque styles towards a D&D inspired t-shirt design. I added modern elements because that seems to be a thing and it was fun. Started off in pencil. Just DREW the damned thing. Then I scanned it, brought it over to the iPad where I inked it in Procreate (which took a good long time, and there's still a big, fat mistake in there), brought it back to the Mac, vectorized it and colored it in AD. It's still a WIP: one foot needs to be replaces and the lettering is just a placeholder. Not totally sold on THOSE colors but I think they're pretty much it. I like it, and would easily do more. Long day's work, but I enjoyed every moment of it.

No comments: