Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Two updates

Continuing on with this portrait. I did one on the iPad in a more painterly style, which I liked. Then I decided to experiment with lineless version in Designer. I like the designer style; it something I often find by accident when working on a piece that has inked lines and I turn the line layer off. In the case of a print I did a few years back, I decided I like the version without the character or inks better and so posted it today:

I think, in this case, I need to adjust the drawing as it looks a little too cartoony for me right now. That being said, I think I want to paint a version like this.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

The expression looks better to me in both new versions, I really like the designer version! The comic book store drawing but have taken a while! Because I think in terms of animation so much, that would make a great background for an animation. Just enough details to be interesting, but not so much a character would get lost in it.

T' said...

I'm not sold on the drawing so will likely redraw it. But I like both approaches. Perhaps I'll try and coming them somehow. The Picnic did indeed take awhile. I think it works.