Friday, January 22, 2021


 109 elements are what it took for this. That includes scanned sketches, inked versions and vectorized versions of things. I'm not sure how many elements are in the page itself. A lot. There was a lot of playing about at the end, adjusting colors, sizes, transparencies and overlays. This is what I want. Not only does it feel like there's some action going on but it feels like the characters are even graffiti-ing over themselves. I managed to use both bright colors and that midnight orange that pervades act 1. I think it works. I will have to make 'curtain' versions of this page to precede this but that's easy enough to do. Though it took a lot for this, it was fun to do.

7 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Too lazy to make 110 elements? :)
Is this all done on oyur iPad pro? That is a lot of layering even for a Pro! I do not think my older iPad Pro could handle it!

T' said...

No no, it's 100+ elements that were used to make all the items IN the final AD document. Each Procreate document used to make elements probably had 15 layers each. But the drawing is all done in pencil, all the inking in Procreate and all the color work in AD.

Behemoth media said...

To be honest i havne't used designer much on the iPad yet. Those fees are a lot smaller. I did have issues with a lot of elements on my normal iPad but this Pro one would likely be fine.

T' said...

I've poked at AD on my iPad, but really, I'd rather be using it on the Mac. Much easier, much bigger screen. I do worry about the amount of Procreate art I have on the iPad; it's over 40 gigs. I have plenty of space but I wonder if the app is going to get more unstable at some point.

Behemoth media said...

OMG back it up! To two places! Don’t take a chance in your art!

T' said...

In a way, it is. iCloud backs up the iPad, but anything used for things that involve vectors at all are on my Mac and those files are then backed up to two separate drives. I am a HUGE believer in backups.

Behemoth media said...

I so so many people who never back up and lose everything! I should have just assumed you were too smart to let that happen!