Sunday, January 03, 2021


 First new image of the new year, though not the first thing I've drawn. I really wanted to do some studies for Act 2 to get a feel of what I can do, how I can push, how I can make it different. One of the obvious things is to push the color palettes. The trick will be to keep it connected to Act 1. I also want to keep the kinetic energy of the last track. Took a couple of tries and some warping but I got something that feels more or less like what I want. I like the colors but am not sure how to connect them with older stuff. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Maybe if each has it's own colour palette it would work well as a separating element and key the reader into what part they are in. If you start drawing them in Happy Houseboat style, THAT might be a little too jarring!

T' said...

I'll have to see about the palette. Last act had that night-orange overlayed on everything. Maybe that will be just a Silas thing? Don't know. But I think the mice should be louder in general. They represent the art world, the art market, the norm, believe it or not. They are attention, they are the internet, notability. Don't think I've ever been to Happy Houseboat territory, except to read the comics!

Behemoth media said...

Wow, I never thought of the mice as the status quo but I can see how that works. I rarely go into Happy Houseboat territory these days! I wish more people put as much thought into their work as you do!