Wednesday, June 02, 2021


 I knew I'd have to go back and make a page between the last two. There needs to be a pause and Smatt needs a reason to start spouting off. The comic is hard enough to read without me making sure the motivation is actually THERE. The first thing I had to do was design the graffiti which I wanted to be different than things I usually do. Somehow, it worked. Then I had to get the mice in there somehow and decided that silhouettes would fit the bill and they did. The simple, flat colors and accent stripes, to me, are more effective than I thought they'd be. My favorite part is the little word balloon surrounding Rooster's flipping off the graffiti. It's subtle and totally something I'd do. Not -totally- sure that this will work in the flow, but at least now I can move on.

No comments: