Sunday, October 03, 2021



 Not quite ready to start track six, or seven if you count the overture. So I was playing around with Digby some more. The style of the top image is the one I've been using but I like to experiment. The bottom one is cool but too cartoony in comparison with the rest of the comic. But I learned some stuff. The background on the bottom is made from text samples I was making for word balloons piled atop each other and a window from a random photo I took. This means I can make up backgrounds as I was hoping and they should work. The top image's background was just a photo I took with the colors turned way down and shoved through supervectorizer. In general, I like where this is going.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Keep having fun! I have been looking at some artists that add a texture overlay to their ink lines giving them a subtle texture and they usually use photos for the texture. using photos seem a thing that's happening!

T' said...

I still have this problem where I feel like it's cheating, but I'm trying to get over it. Certainly Warhol never had that problem.

Behemoth media said...

I get the same feelings when I use photos but seriously, it's about creating our images and making art which has evolved and changed quite a bit. We still draw from life when we can and do other things to keep our skills up. They used camera obscure and boxes with strings to make grids in front of the painter as guides before cameras existed. Art is as much about using the tools of today as it is anything else I think. No acrobat is going to do one handed handstand shirtless in my studio for a month while sketch and draw him for hours a day. Believe me, I asked - LOL