Thursday, June 23, 2022



 This was a big week for the podcast, and for work. Work is kicking my ass and I am honestly utterly tired of it. The podcast got to episode 200 and Max and I spent four hours recording an episode just on Batman that I'm not betting anyone will listen to. That's ok, we had fun. With all that, I had time to start on page 132 but that's it. And I won't get back to it til sometime next week. I want to up my page rate but so far, that's not happening. Still, I'm getting what I want which is something that feels like a spray painted mural in the context of my comic. The vectorization takes out a lot of the texture but as it's done that all along, I'm ok with that. The colors here are not at all right, and I'll likely go back to a grey scale under image and overlay. Still, I think it's fun and will look like what it's meant to be; Digby trying for a bit of branded immortality. There's a lot of steps in here, but so far, these are the only ones I have records for.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I will be listening to the whole Batman thing for certain. I have never been a big Batman fan and I'm curious about what you guys says about the CONSTANT reboots and original stories as well as the incredible unevenness of the multitude of film adaptations.

This is cute! Is that OK? I like it and I'm sure it will change a bit in the coming days before you finish it. I really like the spray out of the can making it look like a light saver! Very clever!

T' said...

Thanks, Vince, on both counts. We're splitting up the Batman episode into four parts as it's four hours long, which is even longer than episode 100 was.

Cute is ok. I think a lot of graffiti character stuff has a level of cuteness to it. The light saber I'm not entirely sold on as it kind of suggests a time period which I've wanted to avoid. But as it could go back as far as the late 70s, I guess I'm ok with that.

Behemoth media said...

A month of vengeance...a month of the Batman!
I guess the light saver shows if was down anytime between 1977 and now which is a longer chunk of time than I am willing to admit.