Sunday, June 05, 2022





Working on backfilling a page I've needed to do. Digby is supposed to see someone else's work that sends him off on a tangent, makes him momentarily doubt his skill before painting one of his big logs. I wanted the piece he sees to be one of Silas'. It's one we see him working on way back in the opening though it's further developed here. We never actually see him finish it and it's one of the pieces that the city sent to him in dreams. I didn't have a photographic background to match the one I drew in that earlier sequence so I made one using elements from different photographs. Though the door has been cropped out, the brick wall is actually my tiling of one photo about six times. There's only one window which is copied and pasted on. I think, once it's been shoved through the vectorizer, it's pretty effective. I wanted some ghost graffiti to show through, so pulled some tests I'd done, the "spaz," and "sorta" from above. I then matched the overlay color and now just have to get an image of Digby in there that will tie the color palettes of the two pages together. That's what happens when you don't plan ahead!

 

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

This has a "Tamino" vibe to me so far. I DO ike this mash up technique you are using!