Monday, November 21, 2022


 Had a day off so, among other things, I had a chance to work on this. Another case of frustration, tossing it aside and finding out I like it more than I thought later on. Her hair is a little monumental but as my partner pointed out, her hair IS. I'm particularly happy with the little splash of freckles on her face. Part of this one is seeing it through other peoples' eyes. It's meant to be a gift. She's a lovely person and I want some of that to come through. Will let it sit and come back to it in a couple days just to see.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

This sounds like the type of project that might go better if you were doing couple other at the same time. Toby would always paint that way because he could veer off on another project when he had doubts and go back when he figured out what he didn't like, if anything. This is looking good and the way you are doing the hair will be a lot of work! It will be worth it though! I started a long time ago a post idea for Buster Crabbe's Flash Gordon and I set the portrait part of him up recently to be done in designer, all vector. never done a portrait that way before But I think it can make it work. I get to look at buster Crabbe for hours and I'm all in for that!

T' said...

Larry "Buster" Crabbe...the guy who used to sell IcyHot? :D I would like to see that! As for this project, I did eventually finish it. More and more I need time away from things in progress so I can look at them again. The nice change is that up til recently, when I came back it usually meant I didn't like what I saw and scrubbed the approach. Lately, it's been the opposite. So we'll see! Thanks, Vince!

Behemoth media said...

Icy hot! Leave it to you to remember that! I am in Provincetown until tomorrow afternoon, then a day in Boston until the bus can take me back Thursday. Been taking a few photos not sure if I will extract any drawings from them. Maybe some architectural ones.