Thursday, November 10, 2022



 Procrastination and tiredness. That's all there's been since last post. I've also been trying to decide exactly how I want the next section to look. I went looking at some dance videos, including an old Paula Abdul video that had animation in it of MC Scat Cat. While that animation was a bit crude and done on 2s, it had poses and attitude that I kind of wanted from Ricci. This version is a good deal bigger than the one in Fite!  but I still wanted him mobile. He kind of reminds me of Ed Asher from the old Mary Tyler Moore show, and that's not a bad thing. I think I got a good kind of flow here and, if I can make the moves feel like they're connected, it'll work. Did some quick tests tonight. Now to work out how the text is going to work. Otherwise, the backgrounds, unlike the last track will be really minimal both to provide contrast and to make this one go a bit more quickly and easily.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

LOL I was going to say when I saw Ricci this time that he is now a "big palooka" if that is the phrase i am looking for, since the Fire! comic! I can clearly see the inspiration from the Paula Abdul video!

T' said...

He's very much a 'big palooka.' Not entirely unlike Mike Tyson. :D

Behemoth media said...

I guess like many of us, he has "bilked up" some over the years!