Tuesday, April 04, 2023


 It's been a bit and things have progressed rather piecemeal, which is how I work. This page is coming along though I did some alterations to the two images I made in Silas' style. I also angled them a lot more like the background graffiti, giving them a more dynamic feel. I need to color Silas and change the colors on the art. There's also one more Silas to go for the lower right and he'll be in a different style as he's the second part of the duet. As a background element, and as a way to tie this back to the first track of the act, I pulled the skyscraper windows from page 90 and added them to the way back. I'll need to go and add them to the previous page as well. Things progress. There's also this:



It's a secret project, a present for a friend's birthday. I had a gift certificate to Blick's. I don't really do much with real media any more but I have wanted to do some painting. So I ordered a few things including some very nice cradled board for paintings. This is Belle, their great dane and probably the sweetest dog in the world. I see her at sunday dinner. I am not a dog person but she's an exception. So this is an initial sketch for an actual painting on board I'll want to have ready by June. I have to learn how to gesso the board and get it ready. Then, I'll transfer an enlarged sketch and paint the thing. It's been a couple years since I did anything with real paint and it's time. I hope it turns out well. I'm looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

New art! Yeah! I hope you post the finished dog painting! The Silas page does look pretty dynamic. I am looking forward to the new 2.1 affinity update, I think the new features will be helpful and should make our work go easier. It's in bug squashing stage now soI'm hoping it's out soon. my goal for the summer is get through as much work that has been pending that I can. More art!

T' said...

I didn't know there was going to be another major update this soon. I hope we both get a lot of art done this summer. Go us!

Behemoth media said...

I think they are trying to get the rollout issues behind them, there are bugs but there was a ton of trolling about how terrible v2 is and i think it’s fine. I was told today that epub export will roll out this year at least partially so for my client work it will open some new options. Designer is getting some new features soon and the iPad apps will get more caught up with the desktop so I think we can be much more productive! We just have to come up with the art!