Thursday, April 06, 2023


 City Silent page 150. This one came together both quickly and well, I think. Sure, the words just came out of the can that way, no assembly required. Did a very minor tweak to the figure before moving on. This one wasn't nearly as complicated as the previous and will likely stay darker in palette than the A song on this track.


Also redid the Silas in the lower right as I said I would. This means that the word 'never' is repeated which I'm ok with. It had too much weight in this page to take it out and I think the meter, such as it is, would have been lost on the page above if it had been missing from there as originally planned. Minor issues which are easy to take care of because of how I work. I would really have hated having to redraw an entire page for that.

According to FaceBook, yesterday marked the two year anniversary of me saying that I was done with comics, that I wasn't going to make any more, wasn't even going to finish City Silent. I'd forgotten I'd even posted that, never mind thought it. Well, we see where that went. Just a momentary bit of depression, I guess. And I'm glad that it didn't work out that way. I think none of Act 2 would have happened and I think it's the strongest work in the comic, especially some of the pages with the mice and some with Digby. I'm still interested in portraits, which is where I was going to spend my time, but I can split my attention. Just means I'm slow. So be it. I will see this comic through to its end.

No comments: