Sunday, April 07, 2024





 Sunday is usually sound editing day for the podcast, so that comes first. But after that, before we take a little trip to visit the in-laws, I managed to get some work finished on the comic. The top page was bothering me because the angle of Silas and the bed was just so off between that page and the one after. So I removed the drawing I originally had there and copied the color fields from page 181, shrunk them, fiddled with them and now it makes more visual sense. Trust me. Page 182 was easy enough to finish as it just needed some shadow and highlight work done. I suppose I COULD add the book and cans into the preceding pages but the jump is a common enough cut in comics that I think it works fine, and adds to the slight wonkiness one feels as one gets up. And as Silas is sort of struggling to get out the door, there will likely be a bit more of that. So, five pages in two days. Not bad. Wish the schedule was always this good.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

You really moved ahead this weekend! I have some commission work to do, 5 horse portraits and i have made much progress on the two I started so you are way ahead of me!

T' said...

Horses! That's new for you isn't it? Good luck! Though you probably won't need it.

Behemoth media said...

I drew a horse years ago, in fact, that is what got me the contract. I didn't need to worry it did look like a specific horse, never mind 5 horse though!