Sunday, April 14, 2024



 Did a little experiment today, something you can't really see here. I bought a texture screen cover for my iPad, meant to give it a feeling more like drawing on paper. It doesn't feel like paper, but it does slow me down and make me feel like I have more control, especially when making thinner lines. The top image was done with the cover on, the bottom was done earlier before I got it. I know the top one was warped but I still feel there's more control, especially where lines need to change width. It will likely sand down the tips of my pencil, but they're not expensive and it's worth it to get a better result or at least a better feel.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I use rubber tips to get some resistance and I'm adapted to it now. I tried a couple of textured screen covers and really liked the feeling when drawing but hated how it affected the colours in the image, plus the tip wearing as you said. My old wacom had felt tips I could put on the pens but I imagine they would wear out after a few hours of drawing on the iPad!

T' said...

The screen doesn't really seem to mess with the colors too much. It's a little frosted, but not so much that it bothers me. I think I'll get used to it pretty quickly. Being magnetic means it comes right off and it has a little safety folder to keep it being messed up. So we'll see.

Behemoth media said...

I have seen those around, let me know how it works out! I guess since I travel with the ipad i and not sure where I would out it when i not using it and on the road!