Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Another morning warmup using the Yiynova and PS. Sadly, I paint better with PS than I do with actual watercolor. With paint, I tend to be too heavy handed. It's an easy thing to do with watercolor, especially if you're used to paint that can be, well, painted over. Keeping a big brush size also forces me to stay loose, which is a good thing. I could see doing a comic in this style. It actually takes less time to color this way than with Illustrator and has the advantage of having some depth. So, experimentation continues.

EDIT: Did another quick one.

4 comments:

Behemoth media said...

well you are already way better at PS coloring than me. It looks completely natural.

T' said...

It's all in the brush (which I bought) and the application of the watercolor paper scan on its own level, really. Tricks! :"D

Behemoth media said...

tell me about this brush!

T' said...

Here's the link, Vince. Well worth the five bucks to me:

https://gumroad.com/l/DqhZ