Monday, April 15, 2013

Playing about a bit more with the Yiynova and PS. Inked this in my sketchbook as really, I can't get quite the same effect with the tablet as I do with a crowquill pen and ink. And there's something more satisfying about feeling that nib glide (and catch) along the paper. Having just downloaded a new set of brushes, I wanted to experiment with watercolor effects. I scanned some blank watercolor paper for texture and then just went to town in a layer underneath. Set the wc paper layer to multiply, brought down the opacity a bit and there you go. Tried to keep quick and loose. I think it has a kind of Richard Scarry feel, which would be something to develop I think. All in all, painting on the Yiynova is pretty satisfying. This application and the one below from the Biography comic (I made the red shapes organically on the Yiynova with the pencil tool) feel good. What this means is that the Yiynova won't take the place of lots of my tools, it just might be another one which is fine. It's the end result that matters.

No comments: