Thursday, April 18, 2013

Another take with PS. I was looking through a book I have on Kunisada this morning and decided to give this style a try. Took one of his prints, changed the gesture from one of a samurai with raised sword and changed it to the fox stretching. Couldn't use the watercolor brushes, so used a nice, flat oil color one. Found a decent paper texture online which helps a lot. Could have done this in Illustrator I suppose, but it still would have had to come together in PS. And since I own the program, I might as well learn how to use it. Ink, PS.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I scan in paper textures whenever i find something interesting for future use. Sometimes it helps to experiment with the layer modes, multiply the layer with the texture on top of the drawing for example and it can look much more integrated into the artwork , this way too can even use multiple texture layers for more paper effects. Which can be fun.

T' said...

That's what I did here, though I still leave the lines on top of everything else. Any time I don't use multiply, the colors just get washed out and the texture overbears. This was just a quick and dirty steal from the internets. :"D

Behemoth media said...

I love the feature that lets you freeze the transparent parts so you can't paint on them, it lets me just make a solid shape from the sketch and paint it without having to worry about going "out of the lines" and it lets me use a huge brush but only touch the parts I'm working on.