Friday, January 24, 2014

Stuff from the last few days of drawing. The sketched heads are just me working out expressions for the new avatar which, until I get a better name, is called Hose-Mike. It's work to stay this loose and of course a good deal of that energy is lost when drawings are inked. The next was just a little evening warm up kind of thing, combining characters and styles just for fun. What are they saying? Who knows? Hosey is talking in a form of Lucco-speak and Crawford is channeling Woodstock. Last is a kind of process image. Yup. It's Sharp again. The original pencil is to the left, the Illustrator-inked version is in the middle. It's sharper (heh) but that style just takes too damned long. That version took a couple of hours total, for just one character. There's no way that's sustainable for making a whole comic. I haven't been inking as usual as I didn't think the style would work with traditional inks, or rather I didn't know that I was good enough to pull it off. Then I inked the drawing (20 minutes) and colored it in an equally short amount of time. So if I'm careful, I can manage it which will make things a lot faster.

No comments: