Thursday, January 02, 2014

This is what I did yesterday using one of the selfies I took in Europe as ref. The rabbit was harder to do than the fox and came out a lot less cartoony. The shape of the nose made it such that I can't eradicate a feeling of 'scowl.' Oh well. As has been going lately, though I made an inked drawing with plans to just color it as is, as soon as I drop the line layer out to take a look, I end up liking the image without the ink better than with. I still like the original drawing, included here, it's just that there's something about that 'cut paper' look that seems more appealing to me at this time. The whole 'Sound and Fury' comic ended up this way, and for each page there's a completed ink drawing that's never seen. Oh well, if that's part of my process, that's part of my process.

No comments: