Thursday, September 11, 2014

#34 and the end of the selfie project. Blue. Well, it had to be as the other two paintings were yellow and red, right? What I learned from this is that the brush chosen may well totally dictate the style I paint in. Each painting was done with one specific brush. Yes, I know, one is supposed to use a series of brushes when painting, yadda yadda. I don't work that way. Don't ride a bike that way (only use one gear), don't ink that way or draw that way. Don't know why. Lazy? Don't know. I generally like to paint all at once, too but this one I needed to take a break from as I was at it for over an hour and my legs needed a rest. I know, big deal, an hour. But I spend my working life on my feet, so days off are generally to be spent not on my feet. Anyway. Used a very small brush and because of that, things got blended. And that's fine, because I wanted each painting, like each drawing to be different. I picture this as a show, deleting perhaps three of the drawings, and arranging ten drawings around each canvas, with the original photo at either end. We'll see if anyone bites.

No comments: