Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Got sick a couple weeks ago. Sometimes, after being sick, I find myself with little to no ambition to draw anything. It makes me sad. It helps emphasize a directionlessness in me. I feel like I should be doing Something Big and of course I look back to Tamino and wonder what happened to that kind of focus and direction. Perhaps that was my one big bang. Don't know. Day to day, I feel I need to be making something, hence things like Biography, short stories (when I'm asked for them, which is very rare) and Ghiroy which, quite honestly, has suffered the most from this recent bout. Today, though, I whipped out paper and brush and made a new Marcel drawing, something I haven't done in a really long time. I think. Marcel is just joy. He's a happy guy, pretty much never down. He cheers me up. He's fun to draw. So there's this.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

two weeks being sick must have knocked you out.. no wonder you feel out of it. MYP campaign is done, didn't raise as much as I needed but I raised enough to to helpfully get it done. I NEED your interview! In the meantime I am trying to keep from jumping in front of the train instead of getting into it every day i have to go to work at the other studio.

T' said...

It did knock me out, often does. Sorry you didn't get more for the MYP campaign. I hope it's enough. As for my interview, my mom's estate ate up a lot of my vacation time and the fall is pretty busy. I will be in Boston briefly the first weekend in December though we could also set something up for early in the new year. When did you want to have that done by?