Saturday, September 06, 2014

#s 31 and 32. Just when I think I'm done, I look through tumblr or something and get inspired to go in another direction. So I guess the selfie project is not only a meta-cubist kind of thing, using inspiration and emotion as the different aspects of looking at the same subject, it's also a kind of record of what was going through my head on that day. I'm always looking for a way to get more fluidity and action into my stuff, so when I come across something fresh, young, new, I want to give it a try though always viewed through my own filters. That's another thing this series is about, I guess; filters and how those are applied to a subject. I think that if I get some kind of show, it will have to have the original photo so that people can see what it is I got all this from. Some of these are more cartoony than others, some are more artsy. And that should be fine. It's not like there's not a precedence for cartooning in the fine arts (Lichtenstein). Of course, I'm sure that's going to be a sore point when I try and shop this around. We'll see.

No comments: