Thursday, March 17, 2016

First process shot of the next image. It's kind of hard to see what's going on. Mostly it involves drawing a lot of bricks by hand. Why by hand? Because it gives a lived in, organic feeling that I can't get by cheating. And since this setting will have a lot less detail than the last, I don't really want to skimp on it. I've already set some of the signs in place. I found, after wrestling a bit with the perspective tool last night that I'm going to be better off using the tool for things like the signs on the side wall and not for the rest of the drawing. It's actually more work to get the points in the right place to work with the drawing and then move things around. Far easier to have done an underdrawing with everything in place. So that's how I'll do it. And that's fine. Still saves me work and allows me to make signage and such that is far more interesting than was in the first one.

No comments: