Thursday, March 24, 2016

Haven't forgotten about this one, but I had to do some prep work for the sketch of the characters. I did one version, which I inked, and which I liked rather well, but something I forgot was that the ref photos I posed for weren't done at the restaurant in question, the angle was off and I needed to make sure they'd fit the already started background. I've thrown in the ref photos on this one. First is that of myself in two places, thanks to Photoshop at my kitchen table, 'acting' out the parts. Then comes the original I took at the Border Cafè, then the current version of the illustration. I think I'll likely print out the sketch I have now, as it fits and do a final version. The one I have was drawn small and had to be increased in size and as such, all the little mistakes are really obvious. So that's where I am as of now.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

this is really nice so far, the characters will look great when you get them fully in there. It really looks like the Border Café!

T' said...

Thanks! There's a lot of shadowing and lighting to be done and I'm wondering about the composition, but it's coming along ok so far. :"D