Thursday, March 03, 2016

Panel 4 (my second) from that recent side project. The first one was the original, which I posted and was unhappy with. I slept on it and decided I didn't want to leave things the way they were. Since my buddy hadn't posted another panel yet, I decided to give it another try. Another friend of mine had posted about how a lot of his art students ruin what was a perfectly good drawing because they thought it just a sketch instead of working it into a final version. Taking his words to heart, I penciled the panel out again, left it alone, scanned it in and did some quick PS watercolors over it. I like the version a LOT better. Ink, to me, is also for editing and in this case, I think it edited too much out. A lot of times, I think ink adds a LOT to my work. This time, not so much. So I 'fixed' it and am happier for it.

No comments: