Friday, August 19, 2022


 I have a car appointment today and wanted something to do while I wait. So I started on the next portrait. This is from another episode of Portrait Artist where I took a screen shot of a pose I liked. This is a difficult one as she's smiling huge. But she has such a great face I wanted to give it a try. I already see some editing I'm going to do. The ends of her hair are, for my taste, too fiddly and I will likely simplify them. Her name is Emma Dabiri and I know nothing about her but she seems pretty amazing. As always, the sketch looks rough perhaps even a bit crude. It's there to tell me where things are supposed to go. I'll refer to the photo a lot while doing the inking that's to come. Here's hoping.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Drawing is one of those things you can do anywhere and costs almost nothing…ipad notwithstanding. So much better to draw than sit in a garage waiting for car stuff!

T' said...

Indeed! Next time I'll remember my damned glasses!

Behemoth media said...

My reading glasses are all cheap dollarama ones so I have a pair in almost every room and in every back pack so I will have them if I need them at all times. Does this work? Nope.