Wednesday, August 31, 2022


 Getting started on the next portrait. This is my friend, Brian. He's a very warm, funny person. I took some video of him this past sunday without him knowing, though I told him after the fact. Sadly, he was eating through some of it which made the reference unusable. I wanted to capture a typical expression from him, something fun or just -him-. I think I managed it with this. I can also see this not going over well. The cocked eyebrow and the head forward show that he's listening and perhaps a bit skeptical. Which is good. The proof will be in the finish. I have another pose which is more smiley and, to my eye, dull. We'll see how this goes.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

I was curious about when I would see you start this! The sketch looks interesting, not a typical portrait look!