Wednesday, August 24, 2022


 
In the mood to draw, but not ready to go back to the comic just yet. I was looking through old portraits and came across one that's been sort of poking at me for awhile. It was called, "Melaroid," as it was based on a Polaroid photo I'd taken of myself when I lived in Florida. I got a LOT of use out of that old camera as it was the only thing that gave me quick reference at the time. There was no digital photography to speak of and smart phones were still a dream. The photo, which is buried somewhere, was taken in our apartment in Hollywood, Florida. There was a bad flash but some interesting colors. So I painted it in acrylic. But the basis of the painting was done in a very old version of AI. That file, which my computer thought was a SimpleText file was openable by AD. So I tossed a jpg version of that onto the iPad and played about with it. I changed the composition quite a bit as well as the colors. This is more an exercise than a finished work. Again, just to exorcise drawing demons.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

This is an interesting project! Old files are so iffy when it comes to opened them years and years later. I recently had to open a text file from a floppy disk and was totally amazed I could do it. Images are much less likely to open! It can be so cool to take something old and give it new life.