Saturday, March 18, 2023



 Working on Angel today. He had only one appearance in Tamino though his suicide was what started Tamino on his quest to find out what the hell was going on. Angel was the ears of the City. I suppose making a rabbit 'The Ears' is a bit obvious but as he only appeared once, I didn't think it was such a big deal. Besides, it made one tiny part of the metaphor slightly more obvious. The top drawing was the original which I liked very much, channeling some Courbet and an artist I've only known about for a little while, Rick Barton. There was meant to be some Modigliani in there as well, but there just wasn't room. When I got the sketch done, I decided to see what it would look like warped and the pose pushed even further than Courbet. And I liked it better. There might even be a bit of Haring in there, too which is a good thing considering his background.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I like the colours in the Silas piece, it sells the idea it’s night well and this one really does have some Keith herring in there! You seem to be using much simpler shading techniques.

T' said...

Thanks. Did some color work after I posted these.