Friday, March 24, 2023



 

Took a little time to play with another self portrait. I got a gift certificate to Blick art supplies. I don't need many these days as I'm mostly digital. That being said, I was nearly at the end of my last sketchbook and could use a couple more. I decided at the same time to get a couple of boards to paint on, some gesso and a missing tube of paint. I'd like to do one or two paintings to see how my stuff translates to paint again. I didn't have anything to work on so stared this. While working as minimally as possible, I tried a three color palette, all in greys for now but something wasn't working. So I dropped out one of the greys and liked it a lot better. Doing these, it's really hard to figure out what should and what should not be there. I'm at a good point to set things aside and turn away for a bit. So far, I think it's working.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

I like the grey image a lot! It reminds me a little of the look of the posters on the wall you recently did in the comic. It has a very stylized look!