Monday, March 13, 2023


 Potential road block on the upcoming pages and in the comic in general: I know what Silas's style looked like when painting for the City, but on his own? Yah, I have to decide on that. And that's what this is an attempt at. I started with something more abstract, something based on an old painting of mine. But it ended up too different from the rest of the comic and I didn't feel I could use it. I want something that will fit but will also be not the usual graffiti thing. Damned hard to do.


That was the first go around. Probably should have posted these in reverse order. The one at the top has the three players from the previous comic: Tamino, Angel, who appeared in only one panel, and Silas. I'm going to play around with this some more but it appeals to me and, with some more mural like details, I think I can make this work for what Silas wants to say and how he wants to try and be heard. That's the whole point of the whole comic. So there has to be some elements that don't quite work. Otherwise, if he's too successful, I'll have to rewrite the whole thing.

No comments: