Sunday, December 24, 2023


 This is one of those meme things that's big on art sites like Instagram. Art vs. artist, eight images boiled down from whatever you did this year with a photo stuck in the middle. I don't think it really represents what I did this year, though this year was not as productive as most. I only did 9 portraits and 40 some odd pages of the comic, plus some random images here and there. Then again, I'm also in two podcasts (50 episodes of one, likely 20 of the other), I play in two bi-weekly RPGs and I work part time. So I'm pretty damned busy. Even though there wasn't as much work, I'm more happy with it than I was the previous year. Still need to keep branching out, especially on the portraits. I'd like to do some more figurative work, maybe another 3/4 size one instead of just the constant closeups. The comic also needs some visual tightening, which I will do thanks to insight from a couple folks. That all being said, engagement is down overall. Doesn't make me feel very good but I knew that wasn't likely to change. Just have to keep making myself happy, I guess.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Inhave been going over my work too for the year. I think its about 40 drawings which is alot for me. I managed to take photos recently as well so i am happy about that. 40 comic book pages on top of everything else you do seems a lot!

T' said...

That sounds like a really good amount of work, Vince! You should be proud!

Behemoth media said...

I suppose, i did do about 60 illustrated book pages but since its not anything i would choose to draw i don't really count it. To me that was just work.