Sunday, December 24, 2023


 Ok, so I liked. I managed to get in another quick self-portrait (like I need another one of those) before the holidays are over. It's just a quick and dirty, made from a sketch that was in my sketchbook that I hadn't used and had forgotten about. I took a photo on an angle to get some low-fi distortion in it and made some quick and purposefully messy marks to ink it. I wanted to play with some brighter colors, so I thought to make some palettes from Van Gogh paintings. Interesting thing; they're not as brightly colored as one might think. I made one palette from his famous bedroom painting and wasn't satisfied with the choices. So I made another from one of his iris paintings and was happier, but still really surprised that the colors really were more sedate than I thought.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

This has an Egon Schiele feel to it!

T' said...

I think I can see that? :D

Behemoth media said...

I think colours have a lot to do with it... and it's sort of distorted like his stuff/ to me, what do i know? lol